2018 will introduce our competitive dance squad. Similar to competitive cheerleading, our competitive dance squad will develop a routine by practicing 2-3 times per week, and compete on a conference, state, regional & national level.
The registration fee for our Dance Squad is $50 per session, and does not include uniform. Parents are responsible for the purchase of the required uniform each year.
Dance Squad is limited to children ages 10-14. Participants must turn 10 by July 31st of the current year.
Cheerleading practice begins late July to early August. Practice is indoors, Monday-Thursday 6pm-8:00pm during the summer. Once school begins, practices are restricted to 10 hours per week based on a per-team schedule. Typically, this is 2-3 days per week. Time & Location will be communicated by your child’s coach. Practices are subject to change based on individual coaching requirements & weather.
Clothing & Equipment
Participants are expected to come to practice ready for physical activity. They should be dressed in active wear at all times. No jeans, shorts, or jewelry is allowed. We encourage all participants to bring plenty of water to games and practices.
- wear athletic clothing that allows for a full range of motion. Microfiber, spandex, compression or other types of specific athletic gear are preferred.
- wear white athletic shoes (sneakers), white socks, and appropriate undergarments as described by your coach.
- make sure that all accessories are securely fastened
- make sure your shoes are securly tied
- make sure you hair is pulled up and does not interfere with your vision.
Dancers should not…
- wear bracelets, necklaces, or other jewelry that may become loose during athletic performance.
- wear jeans, jean shorts, or other restrictive clothing not suitable for exercise/athletics
- wear boots, sandals or other non-athletic shoes.
- wear make-up, nail polish or other competition prohibited accessories
Dancers are expected to follow proper dress code. Coaches have the authority to modify this policy to meet the needs of their team and/or competition rules.
Competition could involve traveling for the New England Regional championships and Florida for the National championship. In some cases, at it’s own discretion, the league may provide bus transportation and pass the cost on to parents. Advance reservations & purchase is required for all bus transportation.